Monday, May 9, 2011

AJ Week 12 ~ Hand-dye Paper

IMG_9715



Outside was hot and dry.
Suitable day for hand-dye some paper for my travelogue journal.
IMG_9721


I have several question asking about what I used for dying
I experienced in using
i) acyclic paint or watercolor
ii) tea bag or coffee bag
iii) food colouring
Every medium I worked, the effect turned out differently.
IMG_9720



IMG_9719

IMG_9718


Everytime, the effect turn out very well.
My previous experience
here

and
IMG_9717



IMG_9716


Some information to share with
i) Japanese hand-dye paper
ii) Q&A about hand-dying

2 comments:

Blossom inch said...

you have such a beautiful blog and your art are just phenomenal, your works reminds me of all the artist I have seen in my Altered Books Club. You are just one amazing artist. I will be peeping your work again and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
yuzz

Luthien Thye said...

Nice work! i love the effects you created on the papers. tho i was a little nervous that a gust of wind might just blow all your hardwork into that puddle of water on the cement!!